Blogmas 2015 - Day 7: A Promise Fulfilled

Another thing about Christmas that I love is Christmas cards.  I'll confess and say that if a pretty card comes in, ill keep it hoard it.  I have shoeboxes filled with cards.  It's a problem.  
Every year there is one card in particular that I look forward to receiving and it is from our next door neighbours.  Not only is it always a very pretty card, but it always includes a poem that I can sit and reflect over.  This year didn't disappoint, we received the card today with a poem inside and I want to share it with you.

A Promise Fulfilled

Let us remember at Christmas,
that God came to live on earth.
Let us remember the story
of the virgin birth.

Let us remember the revelation,
to the shepherds in the field.
Of the star that led them to the stable,
to see the new born King.

Let us remember these shepherds,
who left praising God on high.
How they spread this wonderful news,
to the people who lived nearby.

Let us remember God's promise,
to the prophets long ago.
To send us a Messiah,
who is Jesus Christ our Lord.

So as we celebrate Christmas,
let us also remember that the cross of wood,
where Jesus bled and died
as in our place He stood.

- J M Frew

So often we can get caught up in christmas that we forget about CHRISTmas.  We are busy buying presents for everyone, making sure there is a turkey in the freezer for the massive feed we eat, posting cards, finding secret Santa presents for under a fiver, going out for work do's etc etc etc.  Each year as I begin to get a little stressed because I forget to buy something and I haven't finished wrapping, I try to remind myself that we are celebrating Christmas because Jesus Christ was born and came to this cruel world to save me and you.  He was a perfect sinless man who took my place on the cross.  He was a perfect sinless man who took your place on the cross.  For that I am so grateful, but I could never be grateful enough for that sacrifice.

Christmas is fast approaching, so I urge you when you start to stress over buying presents, stop and remember the true meaning of CHRISTmas.

Love Karlene. Xo

Comments

Popular Posts