Chocolate Oreo Truffles

At a church event a few weeks ago we had tea, buns and cake after the service.  Doesn't that display of stuff look delicious?

This was the first time I ever tasted Oreo truffles and I automatically wanted to know how to make them.  Rich, smooth, chocolate yumminess!  I searched the internet for the recipe and waited for my chance to make them.  I can't believe I'm only finding out about these now!


INGREDIENTS
28 Oreo cookies
8 oz. cream cheese
12 oz. milk chocolate
4 oz. white chocolate (optional)

Yes, you read that right.  There are only THREE main ingredients!!

METHOD
1. Crush the Oreo cookies.  It would be easier and faster to use a food processor, but i don't have one so I had to bash and roll them in a sandwich bag with a rolling pin.  It was good exercise if nothing else.

2. Mix in the cream cheese.  At the beginning it may seem that it isn't mixing, but be patient and give it a good mix.

3. Using a spoon scoop out some of the batter and using your hands roll it into a ball and set on a baking tray that has been lined with wax paper.  Don't make them too big.  I can almost guarantee that at this point you will be dying to lick your hands!

4. Pop them into the freezer for 15-20 minutes.

5. Melt the milk chocolate in a double boiler or in the microwave.  I prefer to use a double boiler, less chance of burning it.

6. In order to coat the truffle in the milk chocolate I tried using a cocktail stick to handle the truffle, but it just wasn't working.  In the end I dunked the truffle into the milk chocolate and using a teaspoon I covered it.  Using the spoon I lifted the truffle and it rolled of the spoon back onto the lined tray.  You could try using a fork to handle the truffle if you don't like my method.  Also at this point you could cover the truffles with sprinkle or crushed peppermints if you wanted.

7. I let the milk chocolate dry before I went any further.  I then melted white chocolate on a double boiler and poured it into my Pampered Chef piping tool.  You could also use a sandwich bag for this.  I pipped a variety of designs onto the truffles and left them to set on their own.  If you need to speed up this process you could pop them back in the freezer for a bit.

8. Once completely dry, you can place them in bun cases.  Remember that they are made with chocolate and cream cheese so they need to be stored in the fridge when they are not being served or eaten.

I love these and a little bit of me doesn't want to share them with anyone, tehe.  Before you give any away be sure to enjoy a few first.

Let me know if you've had a go at making these.  On social media use the hashtag #bakingwithkarlene I would love to see them.


Love Karlene

Comments

  1. Awww I love the design you made! I've definitely made these before and they are worth the effort (and the calories lol)

    RachelShuchatMakeup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachel. I definitely agree agree with you! They are totally worth the calories, so delicious :D

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts