Why 'A Flower Of Beauty'?

Hello and welcome to the latest adventure in my life!

Okay so I've been wanting to start blogging now for months, my only problem being that I couldn't think of a name for my blog.  I spent endless hours coming up with ideas, and each time I thought I had it, it was already taken by people whose last blog post was way back in like 2003!!  Eventually I came up with 'A Flower of Beauty'.  I didn't really have a meaning behind this name, until I started to listen to what God was telling me.

A FLOWER
Ever heard of the saying 'bloom where you are planted'?  God has placed me in the circumstances I am in for a reason and I have chosen to make the best of these situations.  Spiritually, the word bloom is telling us that we need to bear fruit for the Kingdom of God.  John 15:5 says, "I am the vine; you are the branches.  If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing."  The bible uses the phrase 'bear fruit' to refer to the way we should live our lives and the good works we should be performing as believers of Christ.  When we bloom for Christ, we are sharing the love of Jesus with all those around us.

OF BEAUTY
God has made me so perfectly and I am His beautiful creation.  Psalm 139:14 "I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.  Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well."  The more I dive into His word and bloom, the more attractive I will be.  1 Peter 3:3-6 tells us "Don't depend on things like fancy hairdos or gold jewellery or expensive clothes to make you look beautiful.  Be beautiful in your heart by being gentle and quiet.  This kind of beauty will last, and God considers it very special."  Whilst man is looking at my outward appearance, God is looking at my heart, as 1 Samuel 16:7 tells us.  Christ is perfect and each day I want to become more and more like Him.


Love Karlene.

Comments

Popular Posts