That Time I Turned 21

So it has been two months since I celebrated my 21st birthday, and I thought I better blog about it.

To say that how I celebrated my birthday this year compared to last year was a bit different would be an understatement.  Last year I celebrated my 20th birthday 9,324 miles away in George on the Western Cape in South Africa.  I was away on a mission trip working with Out of Africa Missions.  We woke up that Sunday morning and went to a church service by Service To Glory Ministries.  


We had our dinner and went to a nearby restaurant for dessert, where a team of staff members sang and danced to me giving me an ice-cream with sparklers!  It was pretty cool, I wish that type of thing happened happened in restaurants around here.  
The girls that I was away with surprised me with a present, which made me cry.  Later that evening the lovely family that we were staying with made me scrummy brownies and we ended the night by playing the cardboard box game, which I completed, SCORE!!



This year I wanted to go out for afternoon tea. I had it all planned.  The ladies in my family would dress up nice and we'd go to Ten Square in Belfast and then we would hit the continental market afterwards.  However, my mum had had a different plan.

In our church hall there is a nicely sized room upstairs with the bonus of a sink, fridge, microwave and coffee machine.  She wanted to have a party there instead. Reluctantly I agreed.

Mum had employed quite a bit of help to set up the room.  She had it covered in bunting, flowers, jam jars, balloons and my favourite - china tea sets and cake stands.  I knew my tea sets would come in handy one day.

We drank tea and ate bite sized scones and buns the whole night.  Oh and then there was my cake, my butterscotch flavoured cake.  Mmmm it was delicious.

I had such a good night surrounded by people I love and I got spoilt rotten, so many lovely presents.

Prepare for photo overload...


What's that saying about mums always being right?  She pulled it off, big time and I couldn't thank her enough.


Love Karlene.

Comments

Popular Posts