Mug Swap 2014

I am SOOO behind in uploading this post!

So every August ACuppaKim holds a mug swap to celebrate the anniversary of her blog and last year was my first time participating.  I had such a blast that I wanted to do it again this year.  This year she had to limit the number of participants, which made me fill out that form as fast as I could to ensure that I got in on the fun.  If you don't know what the mug swap is all about check out this post.

So after waiting patiently for my assignment email, I was paired with Zoe.  All I knew about Zoe was that she liked cats, shabby chic and the colour pink.  I only had instagram to try and get an sneak peak into her life and so my search began.

Last year I searched for days looking for the right mug, but this year I spotted it on the first day of my search.  A simple white mug with a black cat outline.

 I didn't buy it straight away, but my mind kept coming back to it every time I thought about the mug swap.  I went with my gut feeling and I really hope Zoe likes it.  I know it's not necessary to send any extra gifts but I wanted to add some shabby chic and pink to her parcel.  

The hearts I purchased from an Etsy store called SuzieSue1972.  These along with the napkins helped to capture the shabby chic style that Zoe loves and they were pink! SCORE!!  After wrapping it up in several layers of tissue paper and bubble wrap I shipped it off to Peterborough, 392 miles away. 
(and yes..I did have a lot o fun decorating the box!)

Then, I waited...and waited some more, hoping that my parcel would arrive soon.

And there it was, sitting on the stairs waiting for me when I got home from work one day.
Here is what I got inside....
 
- hot chocolate sachets
- a big bar of chocolate
- Kinder bars
- blackberry & blueberry teabags

and of course.......my mug!


I am so thankful to Kim for putting so much work into organising this mug swap.  
I can't wait til next year!!!

HAPPY MUG SWAPPING EVERYONE!


Karlene. Xo


Comments

Popular Posts