Homeware Haul

So I've been a bit quiet around here because I've been away on holiday with my family. 

One night we headed to Mall at Millenia for a little late night shopping and oh.my.goodness my heart was filled with delight to discover that there was an Anthropologie shop.  Have you ever heard of a bottom drawer or a hope chest?  For a long time now, I have been saving homeware bits and pieces in preparation of one day getting married.  Basically a bottom drawer/hope chest is where you store these bits and pieces until you are married and then you use them in your new home.  
When in Anthropologie I spied many a thing for my bottom drawer, but had to be picky due to the little room I had in my hand luggage.  Here are the lucky four pieces that made the cut.

I had been eyeing these four items up for years now.  You see for me to buy these back home in the UK it would have cost me £53, whereas they only cost me $56, which is the equivalent to approx £33.  That's a saving of £20, so to me it was a bargain!  I can't wait to sip tea and eat cereal from these lovelies.


Whilst walking through Orlando airport a display of cuteness caught my eye. I wish I had of taken a picture, the things were beautiful and they were in the corner of a surf shop.  I ended up buying this tea towel to put in my future kitchen.  It won't be one that will be used to dry dishes, but more a pretty decoration with a purpose and a reminder every time I see it.
Do you have a bottom drawer? I'd love to know your favourite thing you've purchased for your future.

Love Karlene.

Comments

Popular Posts